Vitruvian Fine Art Studio is owned and operated by Vitruvian Studio Partners, a United States general partnership in the State of Illinois. We offer representational art instruction locally in our Chicago studio, and globally via online courses and workshops offered on our website at vitruvianstudio.com.
We may change this policy at any time at our sole discretion. You are responsible for periodically reviewing this policy for any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Vitruvian Fine Art Studio, 1735 N Ashland Ave, Suite 206, Chicago IL, 60622.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Vitruvian Fine Art Studio collects two kinds of information about you: (1) Personal Data; and (2) Non-Personal Data.
1. Personal Data
Personal Data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal Data we may collect includes:
- Identification and Contact Data: name, company name, address, contact details, username, or other demographic information;
- Financial Information: credit card details, account details, payment information; This type data is collected via our payment processors APIs. No payment information is stored by Vitruvian Fine Art Studio or on vitruvianstudio.com
- Browsing Information: IP address, cookie data
- Personal Interests or Preferences: history of purchases on our site.
You may decline to provide Personal Data to Vitruvian Fine Art Studio. However, some of the Personal Data we ask you to provide is mandatory for use of the Services. If you decline to provide it, we may not be able to provide the Services to you.
2. Non-Personal Data
Non-Personal Data is any information not relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Non-Personal Data we may collect includes:
- Browser and Device Data:
- URL & Title of pages viewed
- URL & Title of any links that are clicked on pages viewed
- User agent
- Browser language
- Screen resolution
- x/y coordinates of mouse events
- Unique ID tracking cookie (“UID”) (This is randomly generated and does not identify who you are or reveal anything else about you. Its sole purpose is to more accurately track unique visitors.)
- IP address (“IP”)
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies: time spent on the Services, pages visited, and email campaign performance.
- Aggregate Information: data about how you use the Services combined with data about how others use the Services in order to help us better develop new features and tailor the Services.
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you during the checkout process when you browse or purchase anything on our website.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account on our website
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our product offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who at Vitruvian Fine Art Studio has access:
Vitruvian Fine Art Studio’s website administrators have access to the information you provide us, including the following:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our site administrators have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others:
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through Stripe and PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe or PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
If you purchase a physical product from our website, you may be required to purchase shipping. In such instances, your physical address will be shared with our shipping provider, the United States Postal Service. For international shipments, USPS may then share this information with local postal services in the destination country.
Click here for more information on measures taken by USPS to protect your data.
If you leave a comment on our site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Images uploaded to the site may contain embedded location data (EXIF, GPS). Any visitor to the website can download and extract any location data from those images. If you wish not to share such information on the Service, you should avoid uploading images with that contain embedded location data.
5. Contact forms
If you use our contact form, you’ll be asked to submit your name and email address along with your inquiry. This information is logged with your submission so we can respond. Your IP address is also recorded when you submit to our contact form. We use IP address information to block certain IP addresses that may spammed our contact form in the past.
6. Email subscription forms
A cookie is a file containing data that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The data is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including ours, and some features of the Service may cease to be available to you.
8. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use a third party analytics service called Clicky to help us understand how visitors interact with our website. The following information is sent to their servers when someone visits our website:
• URL & Title of pages viewed
• URL & Title of any links that are clicked on pages viewed
• User agent
• Browser language
• Screen resolution
• x/y coordinates of mouse events
• Unique ID tracking cookie (“UID”) (This is randomly generated and does not identify who you are or reveal anything else about you.Â Its sole purpose is to more accurately track unique visitors.)
• IP address (“IP”)
• Account username (this applies only to visitors with an account on our site and are logged-in at the time of the visit)
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
1. Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data to:
- Process transactions;
- Verify your identity and the information you provide;
- Seek your views or comments on the Service we provide;
- Resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Encourage a safe online experience and enforce our policies;
- Provide you with information that may affect your use of the Services;
- Communicate marketing and promotional offers;
- Provide customer service, including receipts;
- Develop new products;
2. Non-Personal Data
We may use your Non-Personal Data for any purpose, including, but not limited to:
- Measuring traffic patterns;
- Understanding demographics, customer interest, and other trends among users;
- Providing, improving, and modifying the Services; and
- For promotional and marketing purposes.
5. HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
1. Personal Data
We may disclose, and you consent to our disclosing of, your Personal Data to:
- Service Providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of our products and services including, but not limited to, website development, website hosting, maintenance, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, payment processing, marketing, analytics, and enforcement of our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements;
- Other users of the site to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages or make comments through the Service;
- Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your Personal Data shared;
- Third parties in order to prevent damage to our property (tangible and intangible), for safety reasons, or to collect amounts owed to us;
- Merchants and payment processors;
- Third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate, in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence to: comply with legal process; respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; enforce our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements; protect our operations; protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We will never sell, rent, or lease your Personal Data to a third party.
2. Non-Personal Data
We may disclose Non-Personal Data for any purpose. Remember, Non-Personal Data cannot be used to identify you or another person.
6. PUBLIC DATA AND THIRD-PARTY SITES
1. Public Data
We may provide areas on the Services where you can publicly post information. This information may be read, collected, and used by anyone. We do not control or endorse the information posted by third-party users, are not liable for your or third-party posts to the Services, and specifically disclaim any liability resulting from such posts.
2. Third-Party Sites
Upon your consent, the Service may access third-party information through application interfaces. We may also provide links to third-party sites. When you click on links to third-party sites, you may leave the Service.
This Policy does not cover any collection, use, or disclosure by third parties through any applications, websites, products, or services that we do NOT control or own, or any third-party features or services made available through the Service. By using the Service, you expressly relieve Vitruvian Fine Art Studio from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
The inclusion of a link or accessibility of third-party sites does not imply endorsement of such third-party site by us. All trademarks, trade names, and logos of third parties featured on the Services belong to their respective owners.
7. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register or enroll in the Service on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. We store this information for as long as the user’s account remains active and in good standing.
We retain customer purchase records for a period of 10 years from the purchase date. This includes name, address, email address, account username, items purchased and their relative cost, order total, and any customer notes provided at the time of checkout. We do not retain, or have any access to, customer payment details such as credit card numbers or account passwords.
8. WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
9. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
All user data, including transaction data, is protected by the following means:
- Encryption: All data is transmitted over 256-bit SSL, the same protocol used by financial firms to ensure secure data transmission.
- Secure Storage: Once processed, all data are then uploaded to our secure servers. Your data is then accessible only by someone with access to your account, and certain Vitruvian Fine Art Studio staff members.
We employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect your information; however, no system is impenetrable. If you create an account on the Service, you are responsible for protecting the security of your account, its content, and all activities that occur under the account or in connection with the Services. You must immediately notify Vitruvian Fine Art Studio of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security by emailing us at email@example.com.
10. WHAT DATA BREACH PROCEDURES WE HAVE IN PLACE
In the event of a suspected data security breach we will notify you and any applicable regulator within 72 hours of our detection of the breach.
11. USERS UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
Our Services are not directed to and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Data, we will take steps to remove such data. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By using the Service, you are representing to us that you are not under the age of 13.
Opting out of Receiving Electronic Communications from us.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link or by notifying us at email@example.com. We may still send you important messages regarding administrative matters, updates, disputes, and customer service issues that are required to provide you with the Service.
Start Learning Today!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, and get a FREE Drawing Materials Guide – a catalog of the materials we use in the studio and as seen in our time-lapse videos on YouTube!