A Clear, Step-by-Step Method for Drawing Beautiful, Life-Like Portraits.
If you’ve ever tried to draw a portrait, you already know that it’s difficult. To get the results you want, there are so many things that have to be done correctly that it can seem overwhelming. When you see beautiful portraits by others, they often seem like magic, and can leave you wondering how did they do that?
I’m not here to tell you that portrait drawing isn’t hard. It is. It’s one of the hardest things you can attempt – right up there with learning to play an instrument or speak a new language.
But I am here to tell you that successful portraits are the product of a sound method. Good results come from good decisions. Good decisions come in part from knowing what to do, what to look for, and in what sequence. That knowledge is what a good drawing method can provide, which is what I teach my students.
What You’ll Learn in Portrait Drawing – The Online Course
- A sequential method for drawing that works for drawing anything – not just portraits.
- Methods of measuring and sighting that help you understand the proportions of your subject and help you identify and solve problems.
- Details about the drawing materials I use and why.
- How to use “squinting” to understand the value relationships on your subject and in your drawing.
- How to capture subtle curvature easily and accurately.
- How to draw natural-looking facial features through understanding the major structural characteristics of the eyes, ears, nose and mouth
- How to use value progressions to capture the effect of the light and make a portrait appear 3-dimensional.
Here’s What Our Students Say:
I want you to know that I have tried other online courses and you are the best one out there. Your method of teaching is just great. I have watched the first two lessons completely at least 6 times, and each time I pick something up. Usually it is just something so small it can be overlooked easily. My work has gotten better because of it and for that I truly thank you.
– Ray, Wooster, OH
I just completed my first time through the lesson! I am totally impressed and inspired. I first thought I would watch the lessons through a couple of times and then attempt a portrait drawing on my own using my newly learned skills. After the detailed instruction, I believe I can begin after one time through and use the lessons as a reference in the process. I can’t wait to begin. I have sought portrait instruction through the years in books and classes but have not found one that offered so much material and so easily followed. I am a self taught artist. You have added a whole new dimension to my learning curve. Thank you.
– Chris, Charlotte, NC
I just wanted to send huge thanks for the information that you have given me in order to further my development in portrait drawing. I am speechless of how much I have learned within the small period of time I have spent with the drawing course. I am more than excited to tackle the rest of the course! Thanks again!
– Jo, Porter, TX
Thank you for making a product that is exactly what you say it was. I’ve seen your competitors claim things like, “complete portrait drawing lessons, from start to finish.” The actual content they offer is laughable compared to what is offered here. I’ve spent the last 8-9 months scouring the internet for exactly this kind of drawing tuition, but I simply did not believe that it was available; at any price. I hope you sell a million of these.
– Sam, Knoxville, TN
Want a Sneak Peek?
The lesson video above is from Lesson 2.6 of the course. With the block-in nearly completed, I discuss how to check your progress to ensure there are no major errors before proceeding to the next step.
Here’s What You’ll Get Instant Access To:
- 5 Step-by-Step Modules, each containing multiple lessons. Over 10 hours of video content in all.
- Downloadable PDF Guides for each module.
- Lifetime Access to the Course — Go At Your Own Pace
- Free Lifetime Updates.
- Access to live-streaming video demonstrations on our website.
Want individual feedback on your drawing?
Add a Critique Extension to your purchase and I’ll record 4 individual video critiques just for you! These critiques will help you better understand what you’re doing right, and what you still need to work on.