General Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of Vitruvian Fine Art Studio’s physical premises and vitruvianstudio.com, including any studio classes, workshops, live streaming events, online courses, lessons, tutorials, and training material (‘the Service’), within the U.S. and internationally, is provided by Vitruvian Studio Partners (‘Vitruvian Fine Art Studio’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) on the following Terms and Conditions.
By using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following Terms and Conditions please do not register, enroll, access, use and/or contribute to the Service.
Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new content and products, shall be subject to the these Terms and Conditions. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: vitruvianstudio.com/terms
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account and/or suspension from any class, workshop or course of study at Vitruvian Fine Art Studio in which you are enrolled. While we prohibit certain conduct and content in use of the Service, you understand and agree that Vitruvian Studio Partners cannot be responsible for the content included in the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to content you find objectionable. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
1. Use of the Service
- You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes.
- You agree to use the Service only for personal, non-commercial purposes.
- You agree that the Service is provided “as is” and without warranty.
- You agree that Vitruvian Studio Partners has no liability regarding the Service.
- You consent to release Vitruvian Studio Partners from liability based on claims between Users and generally.
- You agree to indemnify Vitruvian Studio Partners from claims due to your use or inability to use the Service.
- You must only use the Service in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Service. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, communicating obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Service.
- Vitruvian Studio Partners reserves the right to make change to these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these Terms and Conditions regularly. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Service.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the Service (including rules for online discussion) then the latter shall prevail.
3. Registration and Enrollment
- To register or enroll in the Service you must be over eighteen years of age unless you have the explicit permission of your paent or guardian.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you upon registration or enrollment or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when enrolling by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
- All registrations and enrollments must include a personal email address that you access regularly so that administrative email can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
- You must keep your password and user name confidential and not disclose them or share them with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
4. Intellectual property
- All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Service and all content located on or available through the Service shall remain vested in Vitruvian Studio Partners.
- You must not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Vitruvian Fine Art Studio content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Vitruvian Fine Art Studio content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Vitruvian Fine Art Studio content requires the prior written permission of Vitruvian Studio Partners.
- The names, images and logos identifying Vitruvian Fine Art Studio or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Vitruvian Studio Partners and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Vitruvian Studio Partners or any other third party.
5. Availability of the Service
- Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services available at Vitruvian Fine Art Studio will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Service will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Service you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the Service may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. The physical studio may also be closed for major holidays or to accommodate illness of instructors or staff. In such cases, we will attempt to restore the Service as soon as we reasonably can.
6. Vitruvian Studio Partners’s right to suspend or cancel your registration or enrollment
- We may suspend or cancel your registration or enrollment immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Service shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
7. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- All content provided on or through the Service, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Vitruvian Studio Partners, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “As is” and on an “As available” basis. To the extent permitted by law, Vitruvian Studio Partners excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Vitruvian Studio Partners does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of any aspect of the service or any of its content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Vitruvian Studio Partners is correct at the time of publication, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Vitruvian Studio Partners for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the service.
- Neither Vitruvian Studio Partners nor any of its officers or employees shall be liable for any of the following losses or damages (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) physical or psychological injury (including death); (b) illness; (c) loss of property; (d) damage to property; (e) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity or anticipated savings; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the service regardless of the form of action.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and Vitruvian Studio Partners chooses to ignore this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
- Vitruvian Studio Partners shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
These terms relate to any paid-for class (“Weekend Class”), workshop, event, or course-of-study (“Weekday Atelier”) provided in our physical studio in Chicago (the “Chicago Studio Service(s)”) and should be read in conjunction with our General Terms & Conditions above which are incorporated by reference and shall also apply save where they are inconsistent with these terms. Upon registration or enrollment for any class, workshop, event, or course-of-study conducted in Vitruvian Fine Art Studio’s physical studio space, you are confirming that you understand and agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you do not understand these Terms and Conditions or do not agree to them, do not register or enroll for a class or event.
1. Prices and Payment
- Payment in full is required to hold a place in any Chicago Studio Service. Vitruvian Fine Art Studio does do not accept partial payments unless an option to pay a deposit is listed on the website for that specific Chicago Studio Service. We do not offer payment plans.
- Registration fees are for an individual student to attend a particular class within specific dates. Fees are non-transferable to another class, to different dates, or to another student.
- Our Weekday Atelier is an ongoing course of study with no fixed start or end date. Payment for the Weekday Atelier is required on a monthly basis via automated monthly subscription on vitruvianstudio.com. Automated charges occur on the 7th of each month. It is your responsibility to initiate your subscription on vitruvianstudio.com with a valid credit/debit card or PayPal account before the 7th of the month in which you intend to commence study. It is also your responsibility to cancel your subscription on vitruvianstudio.com when/if you decide to terminate your enrollment. Otherwise, you will continue to be charged.
- All model fees are included in the price of a class, workshop or course-of-study. No additional model fees will be charged.
- We include in the price of any Chicago Studio Service the provision of work space, easels and/or benches, and lighting for the use of enrolled students during scheduled class times. We will also provide subjects (still life objects, models, etc.), as deemed appropriate by Vitruvian Fine Art Studio instructors, for enrolled students to draw and paint.
- Art materials are not included in the price of our Chicago Studio Services. Beyond the items listed above, students must provide their own tools and materials for class, as recommended by Vitruvian Fine Art Studio instructors.
- We include in the price of any Chicago Studio Service the provision of short-term storage (racks and/or drawers) to accommodate artwork in progress between scheduled class sessions.
- Long-term storage of finished or unfinished artwork is not provided as part of our Chicago Studio Services. You are expected to take your artwork with you when finished, or when your scheduled period of study with us has ended, unless you make specific arrangements with Vitruvian Fine Art Studio instructors. Absent such arrangements, all unclaimed artwork left behind – on easels or benches, in storage racks, or in flat file drawers – following the conclusion of a class or workshop will be discarded. We are not responsible for unclaimed artwork left behind at the studio.
- Vitruvian Fine Art Studio does not provide storage for art materials between class sessions. Aside from artwork in progress, you must take all your belongings, including art materials (paint, pencils, brushes, etc.), with you at the end of each class session. We are not responsible for unclaimed art materials left behind at the studio.
2. Cancellations and refunds
Send notification of cancellations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations before the start date:
Prior to the scheduled start date, you can cancel your registration for any class, workshop, event, or course-of-study for a full refund minus a $50 non-refundable registration fee.
- Cancellations after the start date:
- For weekend classes (one class session per week for 4 or 8 weeks), you can cancel your registration up to the start of the second class session for a 50% refund of the total tuition. This gives you 1 class session in the studio, plus nearly 7 days (165 hours) until the start of the next class session to notify us of your intent to cancel. Once the second class session has started, however, no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- For workshops that span multiple consecutive days, you can cancel your registration up to 11:59pm on the first day of the workshop for a 50% refund of the total tuition. This gives you the morning and/or afternoon workshop studio session(s), plus the rest of the day up until 11:59pm to notify us of your intent to cancel. No refunds will be given after that time under any circumstances.
- For our Weekday Atelier, which is an ongoing course-of-study with no fixed start or end date for which we charge on a monthly, subscription basis, you must commit to at least one month of study (4 or 8 class sessions depending on your level of enrollment). No refunds will be given for the first month. After that, you can terminate your enrollment at any time prior to the 7th of the following month. For example, if you intend to make July your final month of study in the Weekday Atelier, you must cancel your subscription on vitruvianstudio.com before August 7th.
- Cancellations before the start date:
3. Missed classes
- Makeup sessions for missed classes may be negotiated with Vitruvian Fine Art Studio instructors at their discretion and are not guaranteed. Makeup sessions may be offered under the following conditions:
- We must have space available in the studio to accommodate makeup sessions. If the studio is already fully booked on all available days, no makeup sessions will be possible.
- For students enrolled in a Weekend Class (weekly class sessions for 4 or 8 weeks with a scheduled start and end date), arrangements for makeup sessions must be negotiated at the time of enrollment. We do not compensate for unplanned absences.
- For students enrolled in a Weekend Class (weekly class sessions for 4 or 8 weeks with a scheduled start and end date), makeup sessions must occur within a month of the class completion date.
- For students enrolled in our Weekday Atelier, makeup sessions must be negotiated and redeemed within 2 calendar months of the initial absence. For example, if you miss a class session in October, you must complete your makeup session by the end of November, space permitting.
- Our models are booked for a fixed number of dates. Makeup sessions, therefore, are not available under any circumstances for classes that make use of a live model (figure drawing, figure painting, portraiture, etc.)
- Makeup sessions are not available under any circumstances for workshops.
- If Vitruvian Studio Partners cancels any class, class session, or workshop, all paid tuition will be refunded for the canceled days.
- Students are expected to arrive at the studio no more than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled class start time. The studio will be open and accessible to you 30 minutes prior to the scheduled class start time.
- Students are expected to leave the studio in a timely manner following the end of a class session. You’re welcome to continue working until the scheduled end time of a class, at which point you are expected to begin packing-up to leave. You are not permitted to continue working on your artwork after the scheduled end time of a class session.
- The studio space is available only to enrolled students during scheduled class times. The studio is closed to all other individuals and at all other times.
- Instructors are assigned to teach classes and workshops at Vitruvian Fine Art Studio at our sole discretion. Students are not permitted to choose their instructor.
- Vitruvian Fine Art Studio reserves the right to use images of students and student artwork for program publicity, with respect for the privacy of the individual.
- Vitruvian Fine Art Studio is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles at the studio.
- Vitruvian Fine Art Studio accepts no responsibility for any student loss associated with unrecoverable travel costs or reservations.
These terms relate to any paid-for online course, workshop, event or course-of-study provided on our website at vitruvianstudio.com (the “Online Service(s)”) and should be read in conjunction with our General Terms & Conditions above which are incorporated here by reference and shall also apply save where they are inconsistent with these terms. Upon registration or enrollment for any class, workshop, event, or course-of-study conducted in Vitruvian Fine Art Studio’s physical studio space, you are confirming that you understand and agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you do not understand these Terms and Conditions or do not agree to them, do not register or enroll for a course or event.
1. Prices and payment
- The Online Course Service will be made available to you immediately once your payment has been authorized. There will be no contract of any kind between you and us unless and until you make authorized payment for the Online Course Service. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the Online Course Service to you without giving any reason.
- Registration fees are for an individual student to attend a particular class within specific dates. Fees are non-transferable to another course or to another student.
- The fee for the Online Course Service is calculated and payable as listed on vitruvianstudio.com. We have no obligation to provide the Online Course Service until the fee has been paid.
- Art materials are not included in the course fee. It is the responsibility of each enrolled student to purchase their own art materials. Materials Kits for some courses are available for purchase at vitruvianstudio.com, but these are each an additional purchase and are not included in the course fee. A comprehensive list of required and suggested materials is included in the first module of each course, along with suggestions for where to purchase said materials.
2. Online Course Access
- Online course access is granted immediately upon successful completion of payment. A transaction receipt will be emailed to you upon successful completion of payment.
- Access to our Online Services is granted solely to the individual who made the purchase. Transferring or sharing of login details with others is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate suspension of your account.
- Once purchased, access to Online Course Services does not expire and will remain accessible to enrolled student indefinitely or for as long as Vitruvian Fine Art Studio continues to conduct business and maintains vitruvianstudio.com.
- Vitruvian Studio Partners reserves the right to remove any student from any course without refund should that student violate these Terms and Conditions.
- Vitruvian Studio Partners warrants that it has the right to provide the Online Course Service and will use all reasonable skill and care in making the Online Course Service available to you and in ensuring its availability. Because of the nature of the internet, errors and omissions do occur and Vitruvian Studio Partners does not give any other warranties in respect of the Online Course Service.
- If Vitruvian Studio Partners has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
- Vitruvian Studio Partners reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
- Vitruvian Studio Partners does not warrant that functions available on or through the service will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the service or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- 10. Vitruvian Studio Partners is continually seeking to improve the Online Course Services. Vitruvian Studio Partners reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of any Online Course Service provided that it does not materially reduce its content or functionality.
3. Cancellation and refunds
- Refunds cannot be made for online courses or other digital content. All sales of Online Services are final.
- Your access to the Online Course Service may be terminated by written notice if you are in material breach of these terms and the breach is not remedied within the period of 14 days after written notice of the breach has been given to you. If we reasonably believe your breach of these terms affects our lawful operation of the Online Course Service or third party customers we may suspend your access to the Online Course Service at any time.
4. Posting of content
- Some Online Course Services allow you to post content to the vitruvianstudio.com website including asking questions about the course and taking part in discussions.
- All content which you provide or upload to our website shall be subject to the relevant provisions of our General Terms & Conditions.
5. Fair use policy
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of our Online Course Services. If we believe your use of a Online Course Service is taking up excessive bandwidth or your use of a Online Course Service is adversely affecting the provision of the service (or any part of it) to other users, or other users’ enjoyment of the service, we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Online Course Service. This may include temporarily suspending your user account and/or access to the Online Course Service.
6. No commercial use
- All Online Course Services are available for non-commercial use only. Vitruvian Studio Partners reserves the right to refuse orders from businesses that we consider are for commercial concerns. You may not re-sell or make available to any third party the Online Course Services without the prior written consent of Vitruvian Studio Partners.
7. International use
- We make no promise that materials available on or through the Online Course Service are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States of America, and accessing the Service from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Service from locations outside the United States of America, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Start Learning Today!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, and get a FREE Drawing Materials Guide – a catalog of the materials we use in the studio and as seen in our time-lapse videos on YouTube!